Drat. Drat! Double Drat! I can’t believe I almost missed it. How could I not pay attention to the date? Why didn’t anyone remind me? Tomorrow is the ONE YEAR anniversary of Operation Blog!
Yes, I said, ONE YEAR! Fifty-two weeks! Three hundred and sixty-six days! (It was a leap year, remember?)
So to celebrate this momentous occasion, I am having an Operation Story Share book give-away. What book, you ask? I am about to tell you. Drum roll please . . .
Freak the Mighty by Rodman Philbrick!
(You might want to re-read the recommendation by Hayley from January 13th.)
Here are the official contest rules. (No whining if you don’t like them. I’m a cat and I can run my contest any way I please.)
- The contest will last for 1 (one) week.
- Contestants may make a comment any time between now and midnight on May 3rd. Okay, make that 10:00 pm. You shouldn’t be staying up till midnight on a school night!
- Each day you make at least one comment, I will put your name in Mortimer’s Interspecies Translator, cleverly disguised as a red and black-checkered hunting cap. So the more days you comment, the more chances you have to win, up to a total of seven. But these have to be actual, semi-intelligent comments. Not something smart-alecky like, “This is a comment.” (See no whining rule above.)
- Then, at precisely 10:01 pm on May 3rd, I will draw our winner out of the Interspecies Translator and announce their first name on the next day’s post.
- The winner will then be required to send me another comment with their address. This will NOT be made public. Let me repeat that, ONLY I WILL SEE THEIR ADDRESS, which I will promptly delete, burn, flush down the toilet and otherwise destroy. (After I’ve addressed their package, of course!)
And I will mail them their very own copy of Freak the Mighty, written by Rodman Philbrick, but autographed by yours truly, Flash, Feline Extraordinaire!
So that’s it! Let the Operation Blog 1st Anniversary Contest begin. Ready, set, GO!